Closing in 2 seconds...
ICBAS Anatomy DepartmentPorto University's Simulation Center, Porto, Portugal
Date11-12 May 2018
ParticipantsAnaesthesia residents/trainees/young specialists
Price200 EUR (includes pre-course material, hands on sessions, simulations, certificate)
Kenes is committed to being a valuable and knowledgeable partner in the design and delivery of educationally strong, independent, transparent, and effective CME/CPD programmes. Kenes is a proud member of the Good CME Practice Group (gCMEp), a member organisation contributing to improving health outcomes by:
Membership in the Good CME Practice Group illustrates Kenes commitment to high standards and knowledgeable partnership with its clients in the design and delivery of medical events.
After attending this event, participants should be able to:
- Address individual needs in compliance with their Continuous Professional Development (CPD) plan.
- Demonstrate regional anesthesia techniques as part of a multimodal analgesia plan.
- Identify the big five: interscalene block, axillary plexus block, sciatic block, femoral nerve and TAP block.
- Demonstrate USG and NS regional anesthesia techniques.
- Examine simulation of emergency (hypertensive pneumothorax, total spinal, LAST, etc.).
- Analyse postdural puncture headache.
- Distinguish prolonged motor/sensitive block.
- Describe epidural hematoma/abscess.
- Identify compartment syndrome.
- Examine peripheral nerve catheter problem in the ward.
With a current membership of over 2700 throughout Europe, the European Society of Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Therapy was founded in 1980 to further knowledge healthcare professionals interested in regional Anaesthesia in Europe. The target audience is clinical practitioners and residents/research fellows that are practicing anaesthesiology and pain management: emergency, intensive care, surgeries and pain and reanimation units.
European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (UEMS/EACCME) An application has been made to the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME) for CME accreditation of this event. The EACCME is an institution of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS): www.uems.net. American Medical Association (AMA) Through an agreement between the European Union of Medical Specialists and the American Medical Association, physicians may convert EACCME credits to an equivalent number of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Information on the process to convert EACCME credit to AMA credit can be found at www.ama-assn.org/go/internationalcme . Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Live educational activities, occurring outside of Canada, recognized by the UEMS-EACCME for ECMEC credits are deemed to be Accredited Group Learning Activities (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. For more information, visit: www.royalcollege.ca.
Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Friday, May 11, 2018
Saturday, May 12, 2018
The CME/CPD certificate will be available after completing the online evaluation and credit claiming procedure. The process takes about 5 minutes. We thank you for your feedback as it is an important part of CME/CPD accreditation and helps improve future educational offerings.
Before June 9, 2018:
1. Access the online system via any of the following
- Visit the following link
- Please note that web browsers Mozilla Firefox 2.X or higher, or Google Chrome are recommended
- Visit the CME/CPD Accreditation page on the event website
- Follow the link in the email sent at the end of the event
2. Complete the anonymous online evaluation
3. Complete the credit claim form and submit
4. The CME/CPD certificate will be available for download and/or print for your personal records
Kindly note that the online evaluation will be active on the last day of the meeting. You will then be able to access it and claim your CME/CPD certificate.
In accordance with CME/CPD accreditation criteria and standards for commercial support to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor, those in control of the educational content must disclose potential or actual conflicts of interest. Disclosure information is evaluated and conflicts of interest resolved. Disclosure is made to participants prior to the activity. Participants will be asked on the evaluation to assess the objectivity and independence of the event.
Clara Lobo, Portugal, EDRA examiner
Josip Azman, Sweden, EDRA examiner
Geert Jan van Geffen, the Netherlands, EDRA examiner
Vedran Frkovic, Sweden, EDRA examiner
Roman Zurcher, Switzerland
Karin Schoenmakers, the Netherlands
Joana Magalhães, Portugal
Humberto Rebelo, Portugal
Christian Bergek, Sweden
Hands-on Sessions - Anatomy Department:
15:00-15:10 Welcome, introduction and organization remarks
Upper limb* (interscalene and axillary block)
Instructors: Clara, Humberto
General and TAP*
Instructors: Vedran, Karin
Lower limb* (femoral and sciatic block)
Instructors: Geert, Christian
* Each hands-on session consists of 10min introduction and 2x30min model training (total 70min, 5 participants in one group)
Simulation scenarios - Simulation Center:
Simulation scenarios* – Groups 4, 5 and 6
Instructors: Josip, Roman, Joana
* Each scenario will be played by 3 participants directly in the simulator room and indirectly to the rest of the group in the teaching room though video display. Joint debriefing and discussion of the scenario is to take place after every scenario.
09:30-09:40 Welcome to the second day
* each hands-on session consists of 10min introduction and 2x30min model training (total 70min, 5 participants in one group)
Simulation scenarios* – Groups 1, 2 and 3
The registration fees are 200 EUR (includes pre course material, hands on sessions, simulations, and certificate)
Registrations to this workshop are by email only. Please download the Registration form available here, fill it in and choose your payment option.
Please contact the ESRA office by email email@example.com or by telephone +41 22 510 56 10 for any questions.
Click here to see why I should attend this meeting